Wednesday 22 May 2013

Homemade Coffee Body Scrub


I bought a beautiful Fig and Yarrow coffee scrub when I was in America about two years ago. It makes your skin so nice and smooth. The original scrub uses cocoa and Shea butter. I personally prefer to use coconut oil as the coconut locks in moisture to the skin and leaves your skin glowing. Cardamom helps speed up metabolism and coffee helps to reduce cellulite. Needless to say it didn't last long once I made it home.


After reading a post on http://www.essiebutton.com/2013/05/20/diy-coffee-body-scrub/ I decided that this weekend I will make my own.
When I make body scrubs and other homemade cosmetics there is no real science. I just wing it until I achieve the right consistency or smell or texture. It is all up to you. The last time I made this I used about half a cup of the coffee and the sugar, a decent pinch of cardamom and add the oil a tablespoon at a time.
 Ground Coffee
·         Brown Sugar
·         Ground Cardamom
·         Coconut Oil

Miss Mac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment